Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

The Colors of the Garden- Wordless Wednesday

It has been awhile since we have had a Wordless Wednesday post. Well to be honest- mine is a "Not So Wordless Wednesday" post because there are a few words. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

Today, I thought I would show you the many colors of the garden.❤๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ

 Though I did not have a bounty of zinnias to come up despite planting oodles of seeds, I do have some beautiful blooms.  You may spy some insects enjoying the blooms as well. I hope you enjoy. 







This Coleus has a bright lipstick pink center. The photo does not do it justice. 

I have pots of plants scattered everywhere. 

The flowers are drooping as the rain comes down. 


Twin coneflowers. 




Fox glove in bloom among the marigolds 

Teeny Tansy blooms. 



This zinnia is a very pale peach. So unusual. 

I plant Peppermint Zinnias every year. 



I hope these simple photos brought a moment of joy to your day. 

Thank you for joining me today. 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Always take time to smell the flowers.  "- Unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy.
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

๐ŸŒžParade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
๐ŸŒž2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
๐ŸŒž Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
๐ŸŒžA Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
๐ŸŒžPumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
๐ŸŒž A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

๐ŸŒžTime to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
๐ŸŒžPin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
๐ŸŒžA Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
๐ŸŒžTurkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
๐ŸŒžLet's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 


40 comments:

  1. Lovely visit to your blooming flowers, Melisa--;))) thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Julierose. I figured I better get a few photos before the extreme heat sets in and takes a toll on the blooms. I hope you have had a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous view of your garden - everything is thriving! Your zinnias are really doing well. I am going to get some of those peppermint ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. I really enjoy the peppermint zinnias. I never know what color they will be. I would love to have a garden filled to the brim with all sorts of colors. Have a fabulous evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colors in your garden, Melisa. I've never seen a peppermint zinnia but they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you kindly, Jeanna. The peppermint zinnias are some of my favorites. I tried growing a few more new to me colors this year. It is always fun to see what actually blooms. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Oh my your blooms sure did make me smile, love all those colors of zinnias. Do you get seeds off of them for next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you , Vicki. I do save the seed and I have a lot of volunteers that spring up in the gardens and near the compost pile which I transplant. Zinnias and marigolds are some of my favorites. Have a lovely evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is gorgeous - I think my favorite are the peppermint zinnias! You've done beautiful work in your garden! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite too, Donna. I never know what color they will be but the stripey colors are always a delight. Thank you for joining me in the garden today. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your gardens look awesome. The zinnias are so pretty. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Robin. It is such a joy to see the zinnias in bloom. My lilliputs did not do as well but the larger ones sure are pretty. I hope your day has been a lovely one. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. The peppermint zinnias are sure unusual. I like the speckled bits of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are unusual. I have been planting them for years and years. It is always a joy when they come up as volunteers. Have a blessed day, Terry and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. What a colorful and beautiful garden you have. Thanks for sharing. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, K. So far our summer has been on the mild side so I guess that has beneficial to the flowers. The zinnias certainly make me one happy gal. I hope your day was a beautiful one. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Aaw Deb, you are so very kind . Thank you so much. It has been a joy to work in the garden this year. It has been a nice distraction since we have not been able to travel as much. Have a blessed day. Hugs

      Delete
  10. good morning beautiful lady Melisa.
    it's been a while since i have posted. i hope you and the family are doing wonderfully.
    i love, love, love your peppermint zinnia. where did you find this plant? it is absolutely gorgeous. i don't really know what a zinnia looks like up close and personal. i don't think i have ever seen one. you have lots and lots of beautiful colors in the zinnia flower.
    all of your flowers are beautiful. you have lots of patience with growing things. i would love to have lots of flowers, but my ground is granite or asphalt - i don't know which. it's hard as the blazes, however. i keep five geranium plants in pots. i have had four of them for probably 25 years or what seems like 25 years. they have moved around with me forever. they are getting pretty "leggy" now and i keep trimming their long legs down. i don't know how much time is left with these four beautiful plants, but i will continue to care for them for as long as they are with me.
    how is your veggie garden growing? i saw your perfectly shaped tomato. geez!!! i wish i could grow something. i didn't have tomatoes this year. too many other things got in the way. there is always next year and i'll be ready. may even give a try with zinnia flowers. perhaps, if i'm lucky enough, i'll find a peppermint zinnia just like yours. wowza!!! it sure is purdy.
    the grandboys should be getting ready to go back to school pretty soon. when i was in school we always started the day after Labor Day. now they start early August. not much of a break for mom or dad, mentally or financially.
    i love the cabinet you showed in your post yesterday. Mr. Pinker sure has a way of picking out the best and making it lovely. your blue enamelware looks bright and shiny in the cabinet. the cabinet was made for the dazzling enamelware.
    i guess i better get moseying along. i need to hop in the shower and get ready to go to lunch with my sister (Jeanette, the young lady - 10 years younger than me - who lives in San Francisco) and my mom. we are going to Denny's. not my favorite place, but i guess Denny's makes as good a salad as anyone. do you have a Denny's where you live? what are your thoughts?
    have a wonderful, blessed rest of your day beautiful lady.
    blessings and love are on the way to you.
    stay strong. stay sweet and keep your marvelous flowers growing.
    hugs Melisa.
    Debra Broyles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, sweet Debra. It is so good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well and are back into the swing of things. I bet you are quilting up a storm. Oh, I bought the peppermint zinnias seeds at Walmart and at Ace Hardware. They are easy peasy to grow and do well in the heat . I bet you would have no trouble growing them. I grow a lot of mine in pots. Do you have any tips on growing geraniums? I try my hand every year but fail miserably . LOLI bet yours are gorgeous. Our veggie garden is not doing well. The raccoons had a field day in the gardens over the weekend. It was like a tornado went through. LOL. The grandsons went to meet their teachers the other day. Whew! There summer vacation is super short now. I do miss the days when the kiddos went back to school after Labor Day. How fun that you go to go eat out with your sweet sis and Mom. I haven't been to a Denny's in decades. I am not sure where there is one now that I think about it. When the kiddos were little, we would take them to Denny's every now and then when we were on vacation. I have never tried their salad. I sure hope yours was yummy. Thank you for brightening my day. You stay sweet as a button too. Big hugs from the holler.

      Delete
  11. Flowers always delight the senses.
    You have a beautiful garden, Melisa!
    Happy Wednesday!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are. Playing in the dirt and watching the flowers and plants bloom brings joy to my days. Thank you for dropping by for a sweet visit, Isabel. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for my flower 'fix' for the day--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks,. You are so welcome Di and thank you for joining me in the garden today. It is always a joy to hear from you. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  13. Your flowers are so pretty, Melisa! I love all the different zinnias - I've never heard of peppermint zinnias, but they are really neat. I planted lots of zinnia seeds this year, too, but the rabbits ate most of the sprouts. Sigh. Enjoy that beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I hate that the rabbits made a meal out of your zinnias. It is frustrating isn't it? I had some raccoons get in the veggie and flower gardens over the weekend. They turned over pots and made a big mess. Oh well. Hmmm I wonder if there is a way to deter the rabbits next year. Thank you for the sweet visit, Diann. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. What luscious colors. The centers of the zinnias are so unique and beautiful! Foxglove always remind me of my Aunt Ruth's house. She had many different colors of them. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw it warms my heart that the foxglove brought back fond memories of your Aunt Ruth. I bet her gardens were a feast for the eyes. This is my 1st year growing them. I am happy they have done so well considering the poor growing conditions here. Thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit, Ginny. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I love everything about your beautiful garden! Enjoy summer! ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒบ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks . Thank you so much. It has been a peaceful place to work in the evenings. I particularly have enjoyed watching the butterflies, bees and birds enjoy the gardens as well. Have a very lovely evening and I hope you enjoy the rest of summer as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. That's such a wonderful selection iof pretty flowers to brighten my morning, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw I am so touched that you joined me in the garden today, Jenny. I have been quite happy with the array of colors that the zinnias have put on this year. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  17. So much beautiful colour in your garden! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you very kindly Gail. It has been a delight to spend time in the garden this year. This year the flowers did better than I expected . Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Your flowers are so beautiful Melisa! It's a joy to see!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. I have had such a great time working in the garden this year. I feel blessed that they have done so well. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  19. Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers. Nature’s eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so welcome, Gail and thank you for joining me in the garden today. Summer is a beautiful time of the year especially when so much is in bloom. I hope you have had a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. Lovely flowers - thank you for sharing. Alicia’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Alicia for the sweet Wednesday visit in the garden. I am quite pleased with how most everything has bloomed. Hopefully, they will hang on for a few more weeks as the days get hotter. Enjoy your evening. Hugs.

      Delete