Pages

Monday, September 14, 2026

Stitching on the Road

 

I am sewing on a pair of britches today!
No not for me! For Mr. Scarecrow in my newest stitch that I am working on called "Pumpkins, Crows and a Scarecrow"



Actually, Mr. Pinker and I are trucking on down the road which gives me a good amount of time to work on some projects .
Do you enjoy stitching as you are riding in a vehicle? Or do you find yourself drifting into slumberland from the lull of the road? Me- well both.

Sooooo....
Have you made your plans for the week?

Though I will be visiting family members, I do hope to work on a few projects while away. I hope you do not mind if I share them with you.



Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
๐ŸŒž1. Work on October's Tiny House. 

Tiny Pumpkin House in the works. 

๐ŸŒž2. Work on October's Roundabout stitch. 
๐ŸŒž3. Seek out some fabulous thrift shops. Hmmm. maybe find some treasures.
  
 
๐ŸŒž4. Applique on my  Berries and Butterflies  quilt blocks. 

 
๐ŸŒž5.Whatever other mischief I can get into. Now that should not be too hard.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‡

As Mr. Pinker and I are away, I do have some preplanned posts for the week. Please do forgive me if it takes me a few days to get back with you. I never know how much internet service we will have or what we will get into, but I am sure you understand.

Well , Sweeties. I better let you get to your busy day. I wish you a humdinger of a week - in a good way! Love ya'! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Today is a good day to be happy.  "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป


2025 Foyer tree

 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

๐ŸŒžParade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.

๐ŸŒž2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  

๐ŸŒž Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 

๐ŸŒžA Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
๐ŸŒžA Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
๐ŸŒžAutumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
๐ŸŒž A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

๐ŸŒžTime to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
๐ŸŒžPin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
๐ŸŒžA Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
๐ŸŒžTurkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
๐ŸŒžLet's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
๐ŸŒžColor Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026

Four more chain blocks pieced for Melva's Irish Chain SAL. Four more to go! I am moving right along! 


If all goes well, I hope to post the following this week,
๐ŸŒž Apple hutch tour and finish
๐ŸŒž Halloween Parade
๐ŸŒž Sunflower Haven - a new House freebie
๐ŸŒž Scrappy quilting
๐ŸŒž Changing of the quilts 
But we shall see. You know how life and chores sometimes get in the way of all of the fun. But I do hope you will drop by when you have the chance. You know how I love visitors. 

6 comments:

  1. 1 work on October tiny house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely family visit. Try not to get into too much mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new stitch looks to be a lot of fun!
    Have a good time visiting with family!
    I try to stitch while traveling - takes a lot longer considering some of the roads we travel ;-)
    Looking forward to the new tiny house!'
    Blessings and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t wait to see the finished Tiny Pumpkin House. ๐ŸŽƒ Enjoy your getaway and visit with family. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never stitch while traveling. Since I was a little girl, I have always enjoyed just looking out the window. No matter where we are, there are so many things to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy stitching and safe travels. I used to cross stitch in the car, but it seems I stick myself to many times from the bumpy roads so I turned to crochet or knitting instead.

    ReplyDelete