Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Butterflies and Borders

I am butterfly stitching today and thinking of sweet loved ones.  ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹

Good afternoon, Sweet friends and Happy, Happy  Tuesday. 


My nimble fingers have been busy with the rhythmic motions of stitching all morning long. 


All of my butterfly and nine patch variation blocks are quilted in my Pretty in Peach Butterfly  quilt .


All of the blocks are quilted. 

Twenty blocks measuring 15" (finished ) all quilted up. The borders await!  Flutter ! Flutter! ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹   I will quilt a chain design in the borders. 

I think the nine patch variation looks like a blue flower. Do you? 


Pretty  in Peach is in memory of my sweet sister, Amo  and it has a story , but I will get to it on another day.  It was five years on Saturday since my dear sis received her Angel wings.  How can that be? 


This quilt has been my 15 minute  + a day project for the last few weeks. 


The earth tone colors of this butterfly reminds me so much of my sweet sis. Amy  was bright and vibrant, but she loved to wear earthtoned colors-  well, most of the time. ๐Ÿ˜❤


The blocks are hand appliqued and quilted


I will be moving on to  quilting the borders later this afternoon. 

This will be 3rd butterfly quilt that I have worked on in the last few years. 

 Butterfly Kisses was my first butterfly quilt. If you see a butterfly, say "I love you " and it will send the message to Heaven to the loved one you are thinking of.  I say those 3 words every time I see a butterfly. 

I believe in signs from our loved ones. Do you? 


Flaming Butterflies   was my 2nd quilt. Papa nicknamed my sis, Flaming Amo because she was a firecracker and boy, was he right. I think this quilt depicts her energy perfectly.❤

Berries and Butterflies is currently under construction. It is based on Amo and her love for the family strawberry farm. 

Sweet Susan gifted me a beautiful handkerchief butterfly quilt top earlier this year.  She knows my love for butterflies and how much they now  mean to me. I wish you could see how beautiful this top   is in person. It is in the hoop being quilted as well.  Thank you, dear Susan. I think of your kindness each time that I work on it. ❤๐Ÿค—


Well Sweeties, you know my plans for the day. Stitch! Quilt! Stitch! 

What are you up to on this lovely summer's day? 


As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Love makes the heart feel strong inside. It flutters like soft wings in flight.  "- Dolly Parton

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . I miss your laughter, your love and the joy. 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. ❤๐Ÿฆ‹

๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹

      Heaven received another beautiful angel today. 
Rest in Peace , dear Dolly.  You are a treasure. ❤๐Ÿฆ‹


"Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing. " Dolly Parton.  



I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 









No comments:

Post a Comment