Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Crumby Day and Wordless Wednesday - Summer on the Farm

 I am having a very crumby day! ๐Ÿ˜€



Oh no, don't get me wrong; not a bad day-  a crumby day -inspired by sweet Diann at Little Penguin Quilts and her tablescrap placemats.๐Ÿค—


  So I pulled out some orange scraps leftover  from last year's Autumn 16 patch project  and have happily sewing willy nilly for an hour or so.

 

But enough of that. Let's take a short Wordless Wednesday stroll out to the farm. 

I hope you enjoy!

Edna turned her back on me today. LOL . Sweet Edna! 



Oreo inspecting the tractor. 

The tobacco barn

Tobacco sticks .Some are over 100 years old. 
 
Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sweet friends  and...
Thank you for dropping by!

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Enjoy the little things in life because one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.  "- Robert Brault

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

8 comments:

  1. I'm liking the direction that your orange scraps are taking! I'm impressed that the tobacco sticks have held up so well after more than 100 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I am having a ball whittling down the scraps. I have some ideas but I am not sure how to pull them off yet. There are 100's probably 1000's of tobacco sticks some of which were handed down from other farmers whose family used to tobacco farm. The sticks are stacked in bundles on pallets in the barn. Every now and then I use them for tomato stakes. Those sticks hold a lot of fond memories of helping in the tobacco fields. LOL Have a wonderful evening. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Awww - thanks for mentioning my crumb blocks, Melisa! They're fun to play with. Yours are going to be so pretty in the orange scraps. I enjoyed visiting the farm, too - that Oreo looks like a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so welcome, Diann. I am quite smitten with your tablemats and I admire how you use up so many of your scraps after finishing a larger project. You always make the sweetest most beautiful pieces. Thank you for being an inspiration to me and others. I hope you had a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Did Oreo find an issue with the tractor? He looks worried in the photo. Maybe he thought he should go see Edna and cheer her up a little? Love the farm photos. Have a glorious crumby day! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Oreo is a smart one! Hee! Hee! She rarely visits the barn. She doesn't want to hang with the barn cats. LOL, Bless her heart ;so it was a treat to see her in the barn on the tractor. LOL Edna certainly needed some cheering up. I get tickled by Edna's mood . My hubby is not as amused by her. But that is ok; she is here for keeps :) Thank you for bringing a smile to my day, Chantal. It warms my heart that you enjoyed the farm photos. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Love the orange patterns in the crumb blocks - so bright and fun. Always good to see Edna and Oreo as they are managing the farm. Thanks for the farm tour. Have a great evening. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Alicia. It has been a lot of fun working with those little crumbs plus they have made a great leader/ender project as I was piecing my other blocks. I hope to work on the crumbs some more tomorrow. Oh yes, Edna and Oreo are getting along fine. They are 2 of my favorites to photograph. Have a great evening and thank you again for the sweet Wednesday visit. Hugs.

      Delete